Saturday, July 01, 2006

Hotter Than July



Today is July 1st and it is expected to be the hottest day so far this year.

At 3pm I measured the temperature in the shade of my apple tree at 30 degrees C.

The solar panel is working well with an outlet temperature of 66.5 C, already having got my water tank up to a pleasant 40C - ideal for free, solar heated showers. It will probably reach 45 degrees by the time the sun passes by the panel.

The solar panel receives head on sunshine from about 3pm, at round about the same time that Elaine decides that it could well be warm enough to sit outside!

Personally, I prefer the shade of the apple tree, and often sit there in the early evening, to wind down after peering into a computer screen for 8 or 10 hours.

1 comment:

McDura said...

You think that 30 degrees C is hot weather. I think it is nice weather.
Where I am there are day's is summer that can get in to the low and even some times hight 50's degrees C.