Thursday, October 01, 2015

A Glorious Week in September

The First Rays of October Sunshine Bathe The Llanfrothen Bothy



This week I have been off work and attending various events around the country.

The weather has been exceptional - i am so lucky to have picked a week off work with such fine sunny autumnal weather

Last Thursday I went to an ARM Cortex M7 programming course near Cambridge.

On Friday, I hung out with Andrew Back and Omer Killic in Hebden Bridge and discussed plans for a new video frame store and imaging system for his 1985 Cambridge Instruments Scanning Electron Microscope.

Saturday was oshCamp 2015 (Open Source Hardware Camp)  - 2 days of tech talks and workshop sessions at Hebden Bridge Town Hall. This was the first event of the week long @wutheringbytes Digital Festival held in Hebden Bridge.

On Monday I attended the morning session of "Open  for Business" and then spent the early afternoon teaching a 75 year old pensioner the basics of programming Arduino.

In the late afternoon I drove to North Wales to a remote rural bothy near the village of Llanfrothen.  I then spent nearly 3 days developing a micro solar inverter with good friend Trystan Lea of @openenergymon.

I have returned to Redhill, Surrey and expect to return to work tomorrow for a well deserved rest.

More posts about the above to follow.

No comments: